Mathew A. Johnson
Associate Professor & Director of Graduate Admissions
Department of Mathematics
University of Kansas
405 Snow Hall
1460 Jayhawk Blvd
Lawrence, Kansas 66045
Office: 611 Snow Hall
Phone: (785) 864-7307
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2009.
BS in Mathematics, minor in Physics, Ball State University, 2005.
I am interested in the existence, stability, and dynamics of nonlinear waves in a variety of partial differential equations that arise in applied mathematics and mathematical physics.
Along with my collaborators Pascal Noble (U. Toulouse), Miguel Rodrigues (U. Rennes), and
Kevin Zumbrun (IU), I was honored to recieve the
2015 SIAM Activity
Group on Analysis of PDE Outstanding Paper Prize.
- Picture from the prize ceremony, featuring M.J., Miguel, and Kevin.
I have been honored to recieve several recent teaching awards:
Upcoming & Recent Conferences / Workshops
- 2nd Annual Meeting of SIAM Central States Section, September 30-October 2, 2016.
Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting of the AMS, March 10-12, 2017
- The Tenth IMACS Conf. on Nonlinear Waves, March 29-April 01, 2017.
- Geometrical Methods, non Self-Adjoint Spectral Problems, and Stability of Periodic Structures, Workshop at CMO, June 18 - June 23, 2017.
- 2017 Participating School in Analysis of PDE: Stability of Solitons and Periodi Waves, Summer School in KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, August 21 - August 25, 2017.
Spring Central Section Meeting of the AMS, March 17-18, 2018.
- KUMUNU-PDE Conference, April 21-22,
- SIAM Conference on Nonlinear
Waves and Coherent Structures, June 11-14, 2018.
- Fluid Dynamics and Dispersive Equations Workshop, Centre for Mathematical
Sciences, Lund University, Sweeden, June 25-29, 2018.
Math Related Links
Friends and Collaborators With Home Pages